What did Thomas Edison invent other than the light bulb?
These include batteries, sound recording, motion pictures, telegraphs and telephones, mining, concrete buildings and furniture, and a safety lamp for miners. Edison won the prestigious Rathenau Medal for the miners’ safety lamp, but his foray into concrete furniture was less successful—the idea never took hold.
What are 5 things that Thomas Edison invented?
5 Things Edison Taught Us
- Incandescent Light Bulb. “I have not failed, I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” …
- Electricity. “There are no rules here – we’re trying to accomplish something.” …
- Phonograph. …
- Motion Picture Camera. …
- Alkaline Batteries.
What did Thomas Jefferson invent?
What did Thomas Edison Invention Timeline?
An Edison Timeline
|1847:||Born, 11 February, Milan, Ohio|
|1882:||Pearl Street Station, New York|
|1883:||Discovers and experiments with electrical discharge inside lamp (called “Edison Effect;” basis of the vacuum tube)|
What are 10 inventions of Thomas Edison?
Ten Best Inventions Of Thomas Edison
- Durable light bulb (40 hours)
- Electrical Vote Recorder Quadruplex,
- Sextuplex and multiplex telegraph.
- Carbon microphone.
- Electricity distribution system.
- First commercial fluoroscope (for X-Ray examinations)
- Stock ticker.