How do you clean a fabric lampshade?
To clean a stained fabric lampshade, fill a deep sink or bathtub with warm water and 1 teaspoon of dish soap or laundry detergent. For extra lampshade whitening, choose a laundry detergent that contains oxygen bleach. Next, place the fabric lampshade in the water and let it soak for a couple of minutes.
How do you clean a pleated lampshade?
Clean glued shades by using a mild detergent and water froth. In a bowl, whip detergent and a small amount of water with a hand mixer. Apply mixture to shade and wipe clean with a slightly dampened cloth, being careful not to overwet the shade surface. Place in warm area to dry.
How do you restore an old lamp shade?
- Remove the lamp shade. …
- Measure the width of your lamp shade, then cut fabric 1.5 inches longer so you have enough to fold over each side. …
- Once the fabric is cut, begin at the seam of the shade and apply hot glue to adhere the fabric the the top and bottom of the shade, then more down the seam.
How do you remove mildew from a lampshade?
Mildew Stains on a Lamp Shade
- Apply a water mist to the entire surface of the lampshade until it is slightly damp (a spray bottle works well for this).
- Use a sponge to apply a bleach solution of ¼ cup bleach diluted in 1 gallon cool water to the entire surface of the lampshade.
How do you get brown spots off a lampshade?
To clean the lampshade, use a soft toothbrush and wipe the brown spots with a mixture of dish soap and baking soda or non-bleach, non-gel toothpaste. Rinse with plain vinegar.
How do you remove nicotine stains from a lampshade?
How to Remove Nicotine Stains From Lamp Shades
- Fabric lamp shades: Add a cup of white vinegar to the standard lamp shade bath.
- Plastic lamp shades: Create a mixture of 50/50 vinegar to water and spray down the shade. Repeat until stains are gone.