How do you dim LED light bulbs?
What can I do to make sure my light bulbs dim properly?
- Make sure your LED light bulbs are dimmable.
- Upgrade your dimming circuit from leading edge to LED-ready trailing edge.
- Use a compatible dimmer.
- Move to a non-dimmable circuit.
- Ensure that all your light bulbs are of the same type and from the same manufacturer.
Why are LED bulbs not dimmable?
Damage or failure – LED driver, circuit or LED is damaged or fails. Load below minimum – The power load of the LED lamp is below the minimum required by the dimmer. Mixed models- Different models of LED will likely have different drivers – since drivers behave differently this could result in dimming issues.
How do you stop LED strip lights from glowing?
This glowing effect can be prevented in one of three ways:
- Using isolated LED drivers instead of non-isolalated.
- Better isolation between LED modules and LED heaters with thermo-conducted insulation tape