The Ring Spotlight Cam can be reset by using the reset button on the top of the camera. This factory reset will allow the camera to reconnect to the Ring network.
Why is my ring spotlight camera not working?
Unplug your router for 30 seconds and then plug it back in. See if your Spotlight Cam automatically reconnects. Try removing and then replacing the internal battery. … Wait 10 seconds, then press it again and see if your Ring automatically reconnects.
How do I reset my Ring camera?
To perform a hard reset, hold down the orange button for 20 seconds. After releasing it, the light on the back will flash a few times indicating that your Stick Up Cam is restarting. Give it about a minute to fully complete this process, then put it in setup mode again by briefly pressing the orange button on the back.
How do I reconnect my spotlight camera to Ring?
Following these steps to reconnect to wifi in the Ring app:
- Tap on the three lines on the top left.
- Tap Devices.
- Select doorbell or security camera you need to reconnect to wifi (The next screen is the Device Dashboard.)
- Tap on Device Health.
- Tap on Reconnect to Wifi or Change Wifi Network.
Why is my Ring camera not connecting to wifi?
Remember the troubleshooting for Ring not connecting to wifi includes, reboot, power cycle, network settings change, network range/strength boosting and factory reset of device, that you can try to resolve common Ring wifi camera connectivity issues.
Why did my Ring camera stop working?
The most common causes of not being able to do a Live View or see a recorded video are: A poor connection between your mobile device and the internet. Slow internet upload and download speeds. A poor connection between your Ring device and your router.
How do I reset my spotlight camera?
1 Factory Reset a Spotlight/Floodlight Cam
- Make sure the camera is powered up. …
- Press and hold the reset button atop the camera for 30 seconds.
- After releasing it, the status light located at the bottom will flash a few times indicating the camera is restarting.
- The camera is now reset to factory defaults.
Why is my Ring not lighting up?
There are two possible reasons why your light isn’t lighting up: You’re keeping the right button pressed too long. Ensure that you are pressing the button firmly and releasing it immediately without holding it down. Your Video Doorbell Pro isn’t receiving power.
How do you reset Ring camera for new owner?
How Do You Reset the Ring Doorbell for a New Owner?
- Remove the back plate from the Ring.
- Hold the orange button on the back of the device for 15-20 seconds.
- Once you see the Ring flash a light on the front, you’ll know it has completed the hard reset successfully.
Why is my Ring camera flashing blue and white?
If the round LED light of your Ring Video Doorbell Pro is blinking blue in short rapid bursts for a few seconds, and then you see a white spinning circle, it means that a factory reset is happening. Again, it shows that your Ring doorbell is operating as expected.
How do I reset my Ring camera from previous owner?
Resetting the Ring Device
- Grab the device and remove the backplate.
- Then, press the orange button for about 20 seconds.
- Release the button.
- You’ll see the front of the device flashing. It means the device is performing a hard reset.
- Wait for the device to complete the process.